Monday, March 7, 2011

This Is Snowboarding


Snowboarding at its finest.  Back when I was in the 3rd grade I was fortunate enough to have Johan's family take me with them on their winter ski trips.  The first year (3rd grade) we all went to Lake Tahoe and skied.  The following year snowboarding was introduced to us in Mammoth Mountain.  During those days not all runs were open up to snowboarding though.  Anyhow, Johan and I were hooked.  We used to build jumps outside the cabin where we were staying and rent snowboarding DVD's.  I have to say Johan caught on a little faster than I did but we always had Eva (Johan's mom) doing the runs along side of us on her ski's to tow us out when we got stuck in powder.  I still love snowboarding although it is not so good for my knee's and a risk to my job if I get injured.  Not to mention I train all winter.  But here is a video that shows why the trend never stopped.  My two cousins up in Oregon are two young snowboarding studs as well.  Hope to catch them in the Winter Olympics sometime in the near future!

1 comment:

  1. I was in 5th grade when I tried snowboarding with my dad, and the experience was so amazing! I can't wait 'til I can snowboard again this Christmas. =)

    ReplyDelete